Advertisement
News

Warrant documents: Witness statements led to Amos home search in Hall disappearance

Sworn and unsworn statements linking Larry Amos to the disappearance of Cleashindra Hall almost 18 years ago were the basis for a search warrant that police served on the property last week.

According to an affidavit from police Lt. Bob Rawlinson, “several statements indicate the observance of a false wall inside the residence containing blood on the insulation. Also statements indicate that ‘the body’ was buried on the property at 5309 Faucett Road in a hole where bricks/rocks and powdered concrete were used to cover up something.”

Last Thursday, police served the warrant at the house where Hall worked for Amos doing clerical duties and where she was last seen on May 9, 1994.

The search inventory list completed by Rawlinson and Detective Jerry Lambert indicated police seized four items last week, all from the west wall of the living room, but the actual items seized had been redacted from the inventory list. Those items were sent to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory at Little Rock for analysis.

The affidavit for the search warrant, which was signed by Circuit Judge Rob Wyatt Jr. on March 2, also included heavily redacted statements that were taken between Dec. 30 and Jan. 27 from five different people.

Among those statements was one from a woman who said her cousin told her that he and another individual had done work for Amos when the cousin was 15 or 16 years old, mixing and pouring concrete, including what was described as a “patch” of concrete off to itself in the back of the house.

The woman said her cousin said “that there was a horrible smell that he had not smelled before, and some kind of flies that he had never seen before around one spot.”

A second statement by a person who said they worked for Amos in 1997 or 1998 to remove old sheet rock in an area where a fireplace was to be built said the person saw “a bunch of blood like it had been splattered on the insulation” when the person making the statement tore out the sheet rock. The same person also said he saw a “2-foot-wide double wall” but did not know how far it went.

Another man said he had been hired to fill in a hole in the ground and when he arrived saw a pile of bricks on the ground, additional bricks on a trailer and a deep hole in the ground, reportedly with fresh dirt at the bottom of it.

According to the statement, that individual and another person took the bricks and “threw” them into the hole, then poured powdered concrete (Quick Crete) in the hole and filled it with water.

“When the wind would blow, he could smell an odor unlike anything he has smelled before,” the statement said.

Police have made no arrests in the case and have not identified Amos as a suspect or “person of interest.”

They also said their investigation is continuing.