A Pine Bluff man was arrested Saturday after he allegedly sexually assaulted a minor female he had been baby sitting.
Jeromy Wood, 21, allegedly performed oral sex on the girl after a female who also lived in the house had gone to the store, Pine Bluff Police Detective Scott Norton said in a probable cause affidavit presented in district court Tuesday.
The alleged victim’s mother told police she had dropped off her daughter at a house in the 1700 block of Ohio Street while she went to work and when she returned, the daughter told her that Wood had sexually assaulted her. When the mother confronted Wood, he allegedly fled before police arrived.
Norton reported that he contacted the Arkansas State Police Crimes Against Children and Families unit and also issued a be on the lookout order for Wood. He obtained information that Wood might be at an address in White Hall, and after determining that Wood was not there, left the residence.
According to the affidavit, Norton saw a vehicle that had been attempting to turn into the residence but continued on in traffic after seeing the police car. When Norton conducted a traffic stop, he found that Wood was the driver.
Norton reported that he did not question Wood after Wood asked for an attorney.
On Wednesday, Pine Bluff District Judge John Kearney set a $50,000 bond for Wood after ruling prosecutors have probable cause to charge him with rape. Wood was ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim until the case is settled.